For years, my relationship with my body was a huge struggle point in my life.
Since I was 19 this struggle has included everything from a disordered relationship with food, judgement and criticism of my appearance, avoiding my emotions, and numbing out to my body's experience through emotional eating and substances.
And it was only recently, while recording the embodiment practices for my new course Reclaim Your Radiance, that I realised just how far I had come in healing this relationship.
I realised that I now feel more at home in my body. I feel like it is my safe place to come to. Being in my body makes me feel grounded and held. I see her as a powerful tool for experiencing pleasure. I embrace her for her unique traits and flaws and I welcome all of her ever-changing emotions.
Sure, I still hear that negative voice in my head when I look in the mirror. I still sometimes judge my appearance and lack confidence. And I still sometimes catch myself eating over my emotions.
But in general this relationship with my body is not at all filled with pain and struggle like it used to be. Instead it is now filled with gratitude, acceptance and peace.
What has helped me the most with healing my relationship with my body, is practising embodiment work - learning how to come deeply IN to my body and my feelings, rather than being stuck in my analytical mind looking at my body like some object to control.
And so this inspired me to jump on the podcast and talk about this further.
In today's episode, I offer you a range of practices to help you heal your relationship with your body, feel more love and acceptance and come out of your head so you can live in a more deeply embodied way.
Listen To Episode #114:
In This Episode I Cover:
- Why many of us as women struggle with our relationship with our body
- The personal struggles I have had with my body over the years
- The power of embodiment work
- Shifting from seeing your body as an object to instead becoming one with it
- Feeling safe in your body
- How head-driven living disconnects us from our body
- How to invite your body’s experience into everything you do
- Connecting with your body wisdom
- Embracing your feelings and emotions (even if they’re uncomfortable)
- We avoid our body because we don’t want to feel
- The ONE biggest thing that healed my unhealthy body patterns
- Shifting from judgement and shame to acceptance and love
- Bringing loving touch to your body
- Communicating with your body and asking her what she needs
- Untangling your worth from your appearance
- It is your energy that makes you attractive and magnetic, not how you look
Join Reclaim Your Radiance
Reclaim Your Radiance is a 14 day activation into deeper self-love, joy, pleasure and aliveness, so you can feel like a radiant, magnetic goddess every day, no matter how busy your life is.
You will be guided through self-care rituals, powerful practices and embodiment work to create tangible shifts in your energy and how you feel.
This practical journey will teach you how to fill yourself up from within, align your energy, connect with your body, awaken your feminine energy, experience deeper pleasure, release stuck-ness and heavy energy and re-ignite your inner light and radiance
We will be moving through this experience LIVE together for 14 days starting on Monday 29th November and enrolments are now open until Sunday 28th November.
Subscribe To Awaken Radio:
What is your biggest takeaway from today’s episode? Share with me in the comments.