The word that I have chosen to represent how I want to feel and what I want to experience in 2017, is EXPANSION. This year, I want to feel that I am growing beyond my comfort zone, stepping up and taking my life to new heights and unchartered territory.
But what I have noticed, is that in order to step fully into my year of expansion, I am having to face and work through a lot of old patterns of resistance, procrastination, fear, hiding and playing small.
Breaking through this stuff is actually really uncomfortable and pretty tough work, and my fear of expansion is requiring a lot more from me than I ever anticipated
I know I am not alone in these feelings either. I am hearing from many of you, that you are moving through a similar energy this year. You are knee-deep in growing pains! You are dancing between expansion and contraction. One minute you are forging forward with confidence and power, and the next you are back in a funk full of self-doubt and insecurity.
And it often feels that every time we go to leap outside our comfort zone, the fear and discomfort becomes so intense that all we want to do is retreat, pull back and hide.
So that is why I am really excited to bring you this week’s episode of Awaken Radio, as it is a deep dive into how we can begin breaking through these comfort zone barriers and live our lives in a much bigger and braver way.
This week, I speak with Kate O’Brien who is a visionary and global voice for bold leadership, playing it big and living from truth. She brings an incredible level of authenticity, honest and integrity to all that she does, and her wisdom in this episode will hit you with some hardcore truths. I got so much out of this chat with Kate, and I hope you do to!
In today’s episode we discuss & explore;
- Why the 2 biggest barriers to an extraordinary life are living in survival, and the tolerance of ‘good’ and ‘normal.’
- Why all change begins with radical self-honesty.
- The importance of taking action in the moment that you have a new insight or realisation.
- How to tap into the inner guidance that is always there for you.
- Why radical change begins with baby steps and simply doing one thing differently.
- The mindset you need for success.
- Why commitment is the catalyst that makes you rise and show up in a bigger way.
- The power of feeling and embrace your discomfort, rather than letting it stop you.
- The need to let yourself get messy, and why you can still take action and move forward even if you feel messy.
- Why true transformation lies in changing your identity and how you see yourself.
- How to work through your negative beliefs, fear and feelings of not being good enough
- The comfort zone barriers that Kate is currently breaking through to take her marriage and business to new levels.
Listen to Episode #70 with Kate O’ Brien
Quotes & Tweetables:
“We are always being guided, but it takes courage to listen” Click to Tweet
“The only way to create change is to do something different” Click to Tweet
“When we only seek happiness, we avoid the messiness that it takes to create change” Click to Tweet
“To alter how we see ourselves is the most transformational thing we can do” Click to Tweet
Connect with Kate:
What is your biggest takeaway from today’s episode? We would love to hear it. Share with us in the comments.