For years I would go into a complete state of overwhelm and anxiety whenever I had to go through some type of change or transition in my life.
I had no idea how to support myself, and would end up with crippling migraines, panic attacks and night’s of no sleep.
The uncertainty that came along with change, triggered my deep fear of not being in control. I was also terrible at asking for help and tried to do things such as moving interstate or healing from huge a relationship breakup completely alone, in an attempt to uphold my strong, independent facade.
But over the past few years, I have slowly been learning how to move through life’s changes with much more grace and ease. Believe it or not, I have come to realise that it is actually possible to go through massive change in a gentle way.
If this is still a struggle for you, then today’s Awaken Radio episode will be a soothing antidote to your anxiety. I am speaking with Tahlee Roullion who is a music composer extraordinaire at Sonesence on how to support ourselves through the uncertainty and unknown of change and life transition.
Tahlee talks about her dark night of the soul, various career transitions, divorce and journey of moving interstate and the nourishing, spiritual and self-care practises that supported her move through these big periods of change with grace and ease.
In Today’s Episode We Cover:
- Why our life transitions and detours contain precious opportunities for growth and learning, even if at the time they feel like failure or chaos.
- The power and importance of being vulnerable and honest and asking for help.
- Why trusting yourself and your intuition is necessary to navigate big periods of change.
- How relationship break-ups – even the deeply painful ones – can serve as beautiful catalysts self-realisation and awakening.
- Why it is not our situations that cause us struggle and suffering, but rather our judgement and resistance of them.
- How to manage (and get comfortable with) uncertainty and the unknown and the rituals you can implement to create structure and certainty in your day to day.
- Tahlee’s comforting, soothing and supporting morning routine.
Listen to Episode #44 with Tahlee Rouillon
Listen On The Go: Download The MP3 Audio
Subscribe To The Show: Awaken Radio on Itunes
What is your biggest takeaway from today’s episode? Share with us in the comments below.