So I was never really aware just how much I had a fear of commitment. I knew I had some slight resistance to it, but it was the other day, while at my local yoga studio that I had a huge realisation.
After attending this studio for about a year, one of the teachers began speaking to me about getting a membership. She gently prompted me in that moment to make a decision – one that should have been easy to make considering it would save me money and create way more ease – yet I could not bring myself to do it.
I felt myself becoming uncomfortable and full of resistance, and I ended up walking out without signing up.
It was in that moment that I realised that I had been practising yoga for 15 years and never once held down a membership. I have never truly made a commitment.
After the class I reflected further, and I could suddenly see the extent of my non-committal ways. My epic dabbling pattern was so evident. My tendency to stay within the bounds of my comfort zone, not just in my yoga practise, but across many areas of life, was running rampant.
And as this new awareness filled my mind, I felt a new desire arise within me. The desire for devotion.
What does devotion mean to me? It feels like whole-hearted, non-negotiable commitment. Going all the way. Showing up fully. Giving my all and being my best. Following through to completion. Dedication beyond resistance.
I love the word devotion.
It has a sacred feeling to it, like I am honouring something far greater than me.
It feels like a deeper part of me is making the commitment. It is not a surface decision, it is a surrender to higher part of me that is calling me to rise up into my potential.
Devotion is the practise that will take your life to the next level.
And this is what I want to talk to you about in today’s podcast.
In today’s episode I cover;
- My personal realisation of how I had been avoiding commitment in my life.
- The tell tale signs that you are dabbling including; making excuses, avoidance, resistance and allowing your emotions to rule you.
- The reasons that we fear making commitments and going all-in.
- Why dabbling is sabotaging your success and keeping you small and stuck.
- Why you cannot reach your full potential without devotion, and how whole-hearted commitment can radically change your life.
- Some questions and journaling prompts for you to explore in order ditch your dabbling pattern and become devoted to what you desire.
Listen to Episode #53
Are you ready to rise up into the next level of your life? I would love to support you through my private coaching programs. Click here to learn more about working with me.
What was your biggest take-away, realisation or insight from today’s conversation? Share with me in the comments.