If you have been on the conscious living journey for a little while, you may have found yourself ‘cleaning up’ various areas of your self and your life. Perhaps you are releasing old thought patterns, clearing out fear, raising your vibration, making more loving food choices and filling your life with positive people. But have you thought about what you are putting on your skin?
Making conscious, loving and discerning choices about what we put on our bodies each day, is a huge piece of the wellness puzzle. Sometimes this can be an area that gets neglected, but detoxifying our beauty products is such as important as detoxifying our diets and our thoughts.
I felt it was really important to shine a spotlight upon this area, so I invited natural make-up artist and eco beauty advocate Emmily Banks onto the podcast to chat about this further.
In this episode, you will learn just how nasty some of the standard beauty products are, and how transitioning to natural, eco beauty will detoxify your body, revolutionise your health and greatly support the planet.
I found this conversation so inspiring and informative, and I have no double Emmily’s passion and knowledge will empower you to begin making the transition to natural, eco, organic beauty products (just like it has for me!).
In this episode we discuss and explore;
- Emmily’s journey of transitioning into natural beauty
- Why going natural, organic and eco friendly, is not only important of our health but also our environment
- How the preservatives, fragrances and chemicals in beauty products are disrupting our hormones and damaging our health, and the key nasties we need to look out for.
- The importance of being aware of what we put on our skin (and why this is sometimes more important than what we put in our mouths)
- How to begin making the transition onto natural, organic, eco friendly beauty products.
- The best ways to care for our skin both externally and internally and why we don’t need expensive creams and potions.
- How to eat for beauty and the best foods for creating radiance from within.
- Why a positive mindset and practising self-love, are keys factors in creating natural beauty how Emmily’s cultivates self-love on a daily basis.
- Why choosing natural products is a powerful practise of valuing yourself and deeply honouring your body.
Listen to Episode #67 with Emmily Banks
Resources We Mention
Masaru Emoto Water Crystal Photography
Emmily’s Natural Beauty Masterclasses
Connect with Emmily
Youtube: (search for Emmily Banks)
What is your biggest takeaway from today’s episode? We would love to hear it. Share with us in the comments.
2 thoughts on “Natural Eco-Beauty & Creating Radiance From Within with Emmily Banks (AR #67)”
Lovely podcast! Thank you both~The timing couldn’t have been more been serendipitous … I just recently found out about this shampoo I am obsessed with! Have you heard of Monat? It’s an all natural shampoo that is non-toxic and proven to increase hair growth. I have always had very fine hair and I finally have volume for once in my life! I would love love to send you a sample to get your feedback if you are interested!
Hi Emmily and Connie,
in regards to animal testing: I was told that any brand who sells in China must do animal testing to be allowed to this market. So although there might be some brands that are not doing testing as such, in case they sell in China, they “support” and allow animal testing. Can you please elaborate on this?