For a long time I lived on an emotional rollercoaster of up’s and down’s. I was dramatic and reactive and it seemed that even the smallest thing could tip me off into a spiral of emotion.
I didn’t know how to manage my emotional wellbeing, and it seemed completely out of my control. I felt powerless over what was happening both around me and within me.
When good things happened I felt good, and when bad things happened I felt bad. How I felt on a daily basis was determined by what life would throw at me that day.
I didn’t realise that I had the ability to determine how I felt. I wasn’t aware that if I changed how I was perceiving a situation or what I was making it mean, my whole experience of it could transform.
So instead I lived in a pattern of control. I constantly tried to change my life – to get more of the good stuff and less of the bad stuff. I was always trying to fix what was wrong so that I could be happy.
I know I am not alone in this way of living. For many of us, our emotional wellbeing tends to rest delicately in the hands of things that feel outside our control.
So how do we transform this? Well, that is what today’s Awaken Radio episode is all about.
The secret lies in knowing that while you can’t always control what is happening around you, you always have the power to change what is unfolding within you.
In today’s episode I discuss how we can come back to being in charge of how we are feel and support ourselves to respond consciously to the challenges in our life with a higher, and more loving perspective.
In this episode I explore;
- Why you may at times feel powerless and out of control of your emotions, or respond reactively without knowing why.
- The trap you fall into when you try to fix, change or control the external circumstances of your life in order to create happiness.
- How to reclaim your power so you can feel how you want to feel no matter what is going on around you.
- My powerful 3 step journaling process which will empower you to transform how you’re thinking and put you back in charge of your emotional wellbeing.
- Why the meaning you place on a situation or event will radically impact how you experience it.
- How to find calmness and ease in a situation where you normally feel triggered and reactive.
- Why emotional triggers in relationships, can be a powerful opportunity to witness where you are not fully loving yourself.
Listen to Episode #55:
Would you love some support to step into your power, re-connect with yourself and live with more peace, ease and balance? I would love to support you through my private coaching program.
What was your biggest take-away, realisation or insight from today’s conversation? Share with me in the comments.