I can’t tell you how many times in my life I have ached and yearned for change. It used to be a constant, recurring feeling for me. I was never happy with where I was, with who I was, with what I had created or what I was doing.
I perpetually lived in a state of discontentment. Always yearning to be somewhere else, or simply just wanting more.
Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with desiring change – in fact I am in full support of dreaming up bigger and brighter possibilities and moving whole-heartedly towards them – but what I am wanting to explore here, is the why behind our change.
After years of constantly feeling stuck, I came to realise something very powerful – we cannot create the type of change we desire from a place of resistance, struggle or dissatisfaction. Instead, we first have to soften our energy through the practise of acceptance. Then, and only then will we be able to tune our energy to a fresh new possibility and begin moving forward.
I felt inspired to dive a little deeper into this conversation and explain what I mean in more detail, so I jumped on the Awaken Radio podcast to chat about this further.
In today’s podcast I discuss;
- What it means to be in a state of ‘resistance’ and why this keeps us stuck, and unable to create change.
- How living in a state of resistance – of pushing against, fighting with and complaining about what we don’t like – is simply creating more of the very things we are trying to get rid of.
- Why the first step to creating change, is whole-hearted acceptance.
- What it means to practise acceptance and allowing, and why it is so important.
- The power of surrender, and how it is a necessary component of creating change.
- How surrendering our plans, ideas, agenda’s and judgements can set us free.
- Why creating change is less about trying to get away from what we don’t like, and all about placing our focus, energy and attention onto the new possibility we want to experience.
Listen to Episode #46
“Whatever you push against, you amplify in your experience.” TWEET
“The first step to changing anything is a whole-hearted acceptance of what is.” TWEET
“Surrender is a practise of making peace with life” TWEET
“We can’t create the type of change we desire from a place of resistance.” TWEET
“Let the desire for something new come from love, rather than need.” TWEET
Would you love some support to create powerful change within your life? Find out more about working with me in my private and group coaching programs.