I recently wrote a post on Instagram talking about my experiences of moving through a big period of transition and change. I shared that I felt like I was hovering in an in-between space somewhere between the old and the new. It felt a big period of growth and up-levelling and as though I was unraveling old parts of myself and my identity, but I wasn’t quite yet able to step into the new parts of me that were wanting to emerge.
I shared that I had been feeling quite stuck, and also quite confused, as I navigated the uncomfortable space in-between. I felt like I needed to share about this experience I was having, even though I was still very ‘in it’ at the time, as I felt some of my community may be moving though something similar.
And wow, the response that I received to the post was overwhelming. So many of you commented and messaged me saying that you were feeling the exact same feelings and have been moving through a very similar experience.
After seeing the response, and after reflecting on how profound this process has been in my own life, I felt inspired to dedicate a whole podcast episode to this topic so I could share my experiences with you and offer some support to those of you moving through this.
So in today’s Awaken Radio episode I am talking about moving through this process of change – both external change as we let go of old things from our lives, and also inner change – as we release old parts of ourselves.
I share more about how to navigate this transition process, what to look out for and be aware of and what to do when you find yourself in the space in between – the almost empty space in the middle where the old is falling away but the new is not yet fully formed.
I talk about the personal transition I am currently moving through and how it will be impacting my business, and I also share all of the practices and tools that have been helping me navigate this experience. I hope this episode is both supportive and comforting for you, and helps you feel that you are not alone in whatever is unfolding within yourself or your world right now.
In this episode I cover;
- The transitions I am currently moving through both within myself and my business and how I am working through them.
- Why we often find ourselves in the in-between space or a ‘void’ as we are shifting from old to new.
- The difference between an inner transition and an external transition and how to know which one you are moving through.
- Why transition periods are indicators that you are in a process of energetic upgrade and re-alignment.
- Why your old patterns, beliefs and stories rise to the surface when you try to create change and step into something new.
- How to avoid getting stuck (or being pulled back into the old) when you are wanting to move forward.
- The importance of witnessing and changing your mindset and language.
- The transformative power of the in-between phase and why it needs to be honoured, not rushed through.
- Why creating space is a key part of calling in the new.
- The importance of facing forward and no longer looking back into the past.
- The power of alignment, and how to align your energy with who you want to be and what you want to create.
- Why you need to back yourself, support yourself and love yourself while you are moving through a transition period.
Listen to Episode #81
Resources I Mention:
“You have to release the limitations of your current self in order to step into the next level version of yourself” Click to tweet
“Inner transitions arise when you are moving through a period of growth and you become ready to shed an old part of who you are” Click to tweet
“Transitions are a process of pivoting – of turning in a new direction and aligning with a new path and possibility” Click to tweet
“The space in-between is your opportunity to choose between the old and new, and to communicate to life what you truly want” Click to tweet
“It is ok to slow down, to create space and to give yourself time to rest and recharge” Click to tweet
“Every time you place your focus on what you want instead of where you are, you pull your energy into building the new” Click to tweet
“Sometimes we need to stop looking back and we need to start facing forward” Click to tweet
What is your biggest takeaway from today’s episode? Share with me in the comments.