It is hard for me to believe that I have not recorded an Awaken Radio podcast since July 2017. Where did that year go!? For some reason, I just felt I needed a break from the show. I am not sure why, but whenever I would try to get on the podcast, I felt a big wall of resistance in my body. It felt like I needed to let her go for a little while – to allow space for her to shift and evolve, and for me to wait until the rush of creative inspiration hit.
So I was excited that as we turned the corner into 2018, I felt that familiar inner stirring of energy within me. I felt an inner pull calling me back to the podcast and my mind was suddenly filled with messages that I wanted to share with you.
And so I have followed the wave of inspiration and I am back on the show today, sharing with you my key reflections, learning’s, lessons and inner work practices from 2017.
2017 was truly a transformational year – one filled with profound opportunities for growth and letting go, as well as some major challenges that asked for big inner work. But equally it was full of many successes, incredible manifestations, beautiful opportunities, an abundance of connection and love, and a bundle of wonderful achievements.
Even though I was dealt my fair share of tough moments – moving house 4 times, grieving the loss of my father, birthing a new online course and having to take a lot of financial risks – I feel that everything that tested me, served as catalysts for the most profound growth.
At the end of the year, I found myself reflecting on all that had transpired and feeling deeply grateful for it all. I was able to see the blessing, opportunity, lesson and growth opportunity in everything that unfolded. I realised it was all necessary, both the good and the bad, in bringing me to where I needed to be.
In 2017, I feel like I expanded and grew into a woman I was deeply proud of. I showed up for my inner work. I dug deep into my wounds. I went into my discomfort and stepped outside my comfort zone. I committed whole-heartedly to what my heart desired. I took risks and acted with courage. I followed my intuition, even when I had no idea where I was going.
I learnt so much throughout 2017, and so I simply had to record a podcast to share it with you. This episode covers 10 of the key inner work practices, mindset shifts, lifestyle changes, and spiritual principles that I applied in my life in 2017 which totally transformed both me as a woman, and my life.
I hope you enjoy the episode, and I can’t wait to bring you much more from the Awaken Radio podcast in 2018.
In this episode I share;
- Why 2017 was all about laying foundations and doing the groundwork.
- Powerful questions to help you review & reflect on 2017.
- My top 10 lessons, learning’s and practices from last year including 5 inner work principles, and 5 lifestyle changes and tools.
- How ditching my victim mentality and fully stepping into my power helped me radically upgrade my life in 2017.
- How I pre-paved all of my big manifestations with energy work.
- The power of being courageous and taking risks, and why life rewards your courage.
- Why my greatest challenges provided the greatest opportunities for growth.
- How deepening my level of surrender allowed me to experience more flow, ease, acceptance and support from my inner guidance.
- Why I chose to ditch my standard beauty products and make the switch to natural, eco-beauty.
- The tweaks I made to my morning routine so it was more flowing, and supportive of what I needed each day
- How I used my journal to set intentions for the day ahead.
- The healing power of living guided by the feminine cycles of the moon and our bodies.
- How setting monthly financial goals amplified my abundance in 2017.
- The 2 changes I made to my diet which made me feel more in tune with with my body and much more grounded.
Listen to Episode #75
Resources I Mention
Awaken Radio Episode 72: Embracing Life’s Cycles: Stories on Grief, Love, Resilience, Expansion & Purpose
Awaken Radio Episode 71: How to Manifest Your Desires By Following Your Intuition
Awaken Radio Episode 69: Step Into Your Power & Ditch The Victim Mentality
Awaken Radio Episode 67: Natural Eco-Beauty & Creating Radiance From Within, with Emmily Banks
The Turn Inwards Journaling Guide Ebook: Grab Your Copy Here.
What is your biggest takeaway from today’s episode? What changes do you feel inspired to make, or new practices do you now want to take on? I would love to hear it! Share with me in the comments.